Be sure to RSVP so we can call if there is a cancellation, especially due to winter weather 🙂
Welcome to the Potluck…
What to expect ….
What to bring ….
Where to go ….
How to RSVP
What date & time each month.
Join in celebrating together. By this simple process, we reconnect with the elemental beauty of creation and human community.
This is a great time for folks who haven’t been to the Strawbale Studio to visit, tour, and meet others. There are also the “regulars” – neighbors and friends – who frequently attend. There usually is wide age range and a number of children !
Feel free to bring musical instruments …and share your local economy if you wish: things to sell, your business cards…and such!
What to expect:
- 6:00 pm (5p Winter Hours) Meet in the main house.for the GUIDED TOUR the Strawbale Studio buildings & projects (If you prefer,you can browse the resource books, wander the land, or socialize)
- 7:30 pm (Winter 6pish) Potluck meal followed by a Bonfire, or gather around the wood stove fire in the Strawbale Studio, wander the buildings and land.
What to bring:
- Bring food to share. We do a “go around” before the meal, so you can share what you know about your food. There is a wide variety in eating styles. All are welcome. Bring something you enjoy.
- Bring your own plates and utensils if you can.
- Dress for the outdoors, and bring a flashlight if you can!
- Bring your musical instruments you like to play.
- Promote Local Economy …. if you would like. Bring things to sell or barter.
How to RSVP
RSVP appreciated several days in advance if you can. Leave your name & phone number – in case we need to contact you. There have been a few unexpected cancellations due to weather or illness, so the RSVP is useful.
Contact person: RSVP to Deanne at 248 236 5432 (message or text) or email email@example.com. I might not get back with you. Come anyway. The RSVP is to get a sense of numbers…and to call/contact folks if there is some change in plans.
Check on Schedule Changes? Call or check the website to see if there are any changes in the plans, especially if the weather is rough.
Where to go:
- The Strawbale Studio is on wooded rural land in Northern Oakland County, one hour north of Detroit. Details on how to get here.
- Meet at the main house. Deanne 248 236 5432 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can park in the meadow on the right, or drive up to the house if you need to unload, or special situation.
Dates & time: The FULL MOON BONFIRE is held monthly throughout the year at the Strawbale Studio on the date of the full moon. We meet rain or shine, although there may be conditions or situations that prevent this gathering, so please RSVP with your phone number, or check the website if you think there might be a cancellation.
2017 FULL MOON Schedule
|Jan. 12||Wolf Moon||Thursday 5p Tour, 6p Potluck & bonfire||Moon rise|
|Feb. 10||Snow Moon||Friday 5p Tour, 6p Potluck & bonfire||5:53p|
|Mar. 12||Worm Moon||Sunday 5p Tour, 6p Potluck & bonfire||5:51p|
|Apr. 11||Pink Moon||Tuesday 6p Tour, 7p Potluck & bonfire||8:41p|
|May 10||Flower Moon||Wednesday 6p Tour, 7p Potluck & bonfire||8:30p|
|June 9||Strawberry Moon||Friday 6p Tour, 7p Potluck & bonfire||9:28p|
|July 9||Buck Moon||Sunday 6p Tour, 7p Potluck & bonfire||9:29p|
|Aug. 7||Sturgeon Moon||Monday 6p Tour, 7p Potluck & bonfire||8:46p|
|Sept. 6||Harvest Moon||Wednesday 6p Tour, 7p Potluck & bonfire||8:26p|
|Oct. 5||Hunter’s Moon||Thursday 5p Tour, 6p Potluck & bonfire||7:28p|
|Nov. 4||Beaver Moon||Saturday 5p Tour, 6p Potluck & bonfire||7:12p|
|Dec. 3||Cold Moon||Sunday 5p Tour, 6p Potluck & bonfire||5:32p|
* Have you ever wondered why full Moons were given these names?
Learn more about full moon names and get the fascinating facts behind their meanings!
Interesting Full Moon Information
Future years ! Mark your calendars? 🙂 But check back in to make sure !